My transition from cluttered to simple living.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Written by a Perfectionist...

I recently published an article by Christine Kane, on the need to become an "Imperfectionist".  In response to this, I received the following...written by my dad.

Dear Muff,

 I have read your latest Blog which speaks in favour of "Imperfection".  Please allow me to speak of the obverse side of the coin in support of  "Perfection"  I will be brief...I quote  , in part, Longfellow's poem "The Builders":


...In the elder days of art,
Builders wrought with patient care
Each minute and unseen part
For the gods see everywhere.

Let us do our work as well,
Both the unseen and the seen.
Make the house where gods may dwell,
Beautiful, entire and clean.

On behalf of all perfectionists  (of which group I am one)...that accounts for the reason nothing is ever done around here)

love Thrums

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely a imperfect specimen and can vouch for at least one person that I enjoy being the way I am! Why mess with imperfection? :-)

    ReplyDelete