I have created a monster! I discovered Laura Bush's recipe for chocolate chip cookies...and in sharing them with family and neighbours, have discovered that they are quickly becoming a favorite. This in itself is not a bad thing, however, this is the third time I have made them in the past two weeks. I am attempting to transition from fat and frumpy to sleek and sexy and making these cookies has hampered my progress. Surely one must taste the cookies before passing them on?? I need a live in cookie tester...
So...it is now Friday, and what have I accomplished this week? Precious little. I occupied myself with grand-babies until Tuesday and went into work on night shift on Wednesday and thursday night. I did gather for a yard sale which my daughter is having tomorrow. I have baked another batch of cookies. I managed a bike ride and have weeded my garden. That is it. Working night shift robs me of of sleep and ambition.
If intention counts for anything, I do have great plans. I hope to find the time to complete two quilts before summer is out. I hope to make my granddaughter a pillowcase dress from a vintage pillowcase. I hope to complete a pair of socks for my girlfriend's grandbaby and find the adult ones I started and did not finish.
My garden is doing well which is surprising as our weather has been on the cool side. I have not harvested anything yet but will soon be traveling to the local farmer's market to start putting down for the coming winter.
I am off now to pick up my grandson who loves to visit with his Nana and Papa. I hope that everyone has a great weekend!
Questions! Green onion growing, EZ pass transponders, teaching, and more
-
I'm catching up on reader questions again today. Let's go! Do you plant
your onion ends in dirt or let them sprout in water? I've never had much
success ...

No comments:
Post a Comment