My transition from cluttered to simple living.

Monday, April 23, 2012

Introducing Rusti and Clara Poolay!

I brought my girls home from work last night.  One of the maintenance staff at work kindly gave me two chickens, as his flock was becoming too large.  We got them situated in their new digs where they spent an uneventful night.  I, on the other hand, did not sleep well.  I worried about foxes and weasels, coons and stray dogs all night long....

They survived their first night in the condo and seem to be settling in.  These birds are about a year in age.  They ran wild at their last abode.  I am sure that they were treated well, because they look very healthy.

I am thrilled.  Thank goodness for small pleasures!


2 comments:

  1. You will learn a bundle with chickens. I don't think chickens ever run away and they are safer from predators if they can roost higher up. Will be watching for more chicken stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOW I understand the egg picture in your new post. I hadn't read this yet, so I was confused. Well, congratulations! Your first egg! :-)

    ReplyDelete