My transition from cluttered to simple living.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Talking about Buckets...

Perhaps it isn't so much about "buckets" that I want to talk about.  It is more about "what's in my bucket."

I've never had a "bucket list" as such.  Throughout the years, I would have filled a bucket if I had delegated one to the task of holding my wants and wishes.  I wanted to  become a nurse. I wanted to marry and have children. I wanted to paint.  I wanted to see Canada...own Royal Doulton...live on a farm....learn to kayak....write a book....  Some of these things I have accomplished, and as I satisfied one want, there was always another want to take its place.

Later in life, my wants differed.  I no longer had use for the Royal Doulton figurines that I had been gifted as a young adult.  I became a nurse, and raised a family, and did not have time to even entertain the thoughts of writing a book.  I learned to paint, and it pleases me still, and often I can etch out enough time for a jaunt in my kayak.  I have seen parts of Canada but have discovered that...there is no place like home.

So what would you discover is in my bucket..or on my bucket list if I had one?  Precious little in the way of "want".  I could not be happier than I am right now.  My cup runneth over.  I have a family that loves me and treats me with respect and who fill my "bucket" every day..  I have grandchildren to cuddle and a husband who tolerates my imperfections and loves me in spite of them.  I have good friends.  I have a roof over my head.  I have "enough."

Have you a "bucket list?"  Has it changed over the years?

3 comments:

  1. No, I don't have a bucket list, although I can't think of much I would have wanted to accomplish that I haven't already done. The only thing I wish I had was out of my own control: grandchildren.

    But I am incredibly blessed in my life, and in the present moment. Plus I get to share the antics and adventures of the grandchildren of my blogging friends, and it matters to me a great deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, without a TV, I'm missing out on these trendy activities going around. But thanks to your post, you make me realize I'm not missing out on one single thing. Bravo to you. What a wonderful way to enjoy life! I'm right there with you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! Ms A... Seems like TV really contributes to our desire for things.

    ReplyDelete