My transition from cluttered to simple living.

Friday, May 8, 2009

Take it from me...

From a nearly 60-year-old abstainer, who has far too much time on her hands...

THIS I know to be true...

1. Older women should not be left alone... Far too much time is spent in conjuring up projects to amuse oneself.

2. There is no explanation why an abstainer would suddenly want to make dandelion wine.

3. The older I get, the further I am from the ground.

4. God made that wonderful race of Italians...who are excellent wine makers... shorter in stature for good reason.

5. Picking dandelion heads is like picking strawberries EXCEPT that the "fruit" is further apart, and more walking is involved, which is challenging when you can't get up from a stooped position.

6. It would be prudent to stretch before picking.

7. There is good reason to enlist help from family members while picking. However...on the flip side...

8. Due to the odd and painful positions one must assume while dead-heading, picking should only be done in privacy.

I am sure that I will be able to add to this post in the coming days as I was only able to harvest three cups of heads....(in 2 hours, but PLEASE...do not let that discourage you!) Thankfully, Dandelion heads can be frozen until enough have been harvested.

No comments:

Post a Comment