My transition from cluttered to simple living.

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Progress!

Wow! It has been hard to find the time to blog when my garden is constantly calling... I just love this time of year so much. Every day surprises me by revealing what has survived the winter. The apple trees and cherry tree are in bud. The blueberry bushes are alive! Tulips, Hyacinth, Magnolia and Rose bushes are either in flower or are showing leaf. I just love it! This weekend, hubby and I will start building our raised flower beds.

I have, since starting this blog, slowly transitioned to a vegetarian lifestyle. It has not been difficult. Eating non- meat based meals makes me feel lighter and more alive :) Unfortunately, I had to make a purchase..(I say that because I am attempting to consume less)..of a new Crock pot as mine cracked across the bottom and I was concerned about lead leaching into my food. Today I threw every vegetable that I could find into the slow cooker... tomatoes, celery, beans, potato, carrots, sweet potato and barley... It looked so pretty that I just had to take a picture of it, and when I can figure out how to load pictures on this site, or when hubby gets home to do it for me, (whichever comes first), I will.

I have finished one sock and am halfway through another. I am working on a child's quilt. I don't expect to finish THAT any time too soon. Instead of buying more projects, I am working hard to finish up forgotten crafts.

So, I think I have made little steps, and I look forward to making more. If anything, I feel more aware and more conscious of the benefits of the choices I make. I think I am moving in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment