My transition from cluttered to simple living.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Our Little Visitor






This little fellow was found outside our door.  He was lifeless.  I suppose he had hit the window and was stunned.  Those big hands belong to hubby who just happened to be working from home, and found this little fellow on one of his many trips inside to refill his coffee cup.  (He has an office in our garage.)

Within several minutes, aided by the warmth of Hubby's hands, Chickadee recovered.  He was able to join his friends at the feeder...and then he flew off. 

I think Hubby felt pretty good about this rescue.  (Much like our little visitor!)

3 comments:

  1. These little guys are amazing. If the cats don't get them when they're stunned they can recover. A pair warm hands really helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came home the other day to find a dead goldfinch at the front door. I did wonder if I had been home and able to warm him if he would have recovered. But he was a goner. I love this little guy! So glad he flew away.

    ReplyDelete