My transition from cluttered to simple living.

Friday, December 9, 2011

Merry Christmas!





I received an early Christmas present this year!  Over 30 years ago, I bought this Christmas Cactus at a church rummage sale.  The lady who had donated it told me that it belonged to her mother who had it for over 20 years.  It is ancient!  This year it shone in all its glory!  It spent the summer outside and was brought in when the nights got chilly this fall.  It has never bloomed before, and I can only guess that the fresh air did wonders for its overall health.  Whatever the reason, every stem had a blossom.

Merry Christmas to me!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Merry Christmas to YOU, and to all of us who enjoy your blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a set pattern of light to make a Christmas cactus bloom. I couldn't tel you what it is. I only know my cactus blooms twice a year and I don't do any thing special to it
    Great photograph!

    ReplyDelete