My transition from cluttered to simple living.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Our Mini Vacation


This weekend we made our annual trip to Sault Ste Marie, to visit with Jan, Keith and Meredith.  We took along our grandchildren, Alexia and Dustin.  Both did very well, and had little complaint during the long drive north.

So much to see when we arrived!  Our days were filled with good meals...long walks...trips to the playground, and long soaks in the hot-tub!

Meredith (my niece) raises ducks... (and lizards., frogs, chickens and fish!) Never a dull moment at this mini-farm!


Img_7343 

Dustin had a blast!  See how big my little man has grown?

  Img_7347

These tulips posed for my picture.  Aren't they lovely??

Img_7354 

These are duck eggs.  Meredith is hoping to hatch them...if her dogs don't get to them first!!

  Img_7361 

The latest arrival was chickens.  They are young yet and are still cooped up at night.

  Img_7364 

My eldest granddaughter, Alexia, also had a great time, and has announced that she would like to go back.

  Img_7393 

"Tag" is nearing 14 years old.  I think he looks pretty good!  All in all, there are 3 Jack Russel terriers that live on Mount pleasant.  Just to add a little more fun, three more pups visited this weekend.

It will be a while but we are looking forward to another trip north..when gas prices dip.  Until then, we will enjoy the memories that were made this weekend.

Thanks Jan and Keith, and Meredith!

  Img_7396

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for your visit to It Strikes Me Funny and the enthusiastic comment.

    I enjoyed the photos from your mini-vacation; I have a soft-spot for chickens.

    GH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great weekend.

    Did you ever find out what that flower was that you mentioned a few posts ago?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being naturally curious, I skimmed the first page of your blog after you left a comment on mine. I think we were twins separated at birth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz... No. I never did. Did you?!? Please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed seeing pictures of your lovely family. Glad you had a great time.
    Lindsay
    x

    ReplyDelete