My transition from cluttered to simple living.

Thursday, November 18, 2010

You What?!?

She saved herself until this morning...  She had vowed she would never do it...  I am sure she might have decided otherwise had she woken refreshed. 

Who can fault her?  After all, we all have moments of weakness...

This morning...two weeks after her 26th birthday...MY daughter succumbed...  She drank her very first cup of coffee!!!

My little girl is all grown up. 

Somehow I feel a twinge of sadness... Memories come flooding back...I remember this very same feeling after walking her to school and leaving her at the kindergarten door 22 years ago.  I felt it again when she went off to College... when she married, and when she brought her own little boy into the world.

My little girl is all grown up.

Mandy... I am glad that you waited.  I wish I had.  When you get to my age, you have to work harder to find  something new and exciting to try.

I have only one question for you, little doll...  What's next?



1 comment:

  1. aww Mom!! hehe I love you :)
    I'm off to buy a coffee maker....lol, maybe I wouldn't have ever bought my first cup if my 4 month old would learn to sleep more than 2 hours a time!! hehe
    -Mandi

    ReplyDelete