My transition from cluttered to simple living.

Monday, April 26, 2010

What's new in the "Hood?"

This weekend, there was a lot of activity in my backyard. Hubby built five more raised garden beds....and cut down some trees (Manitoba Maple) to allow the sun to reach the gardens. While I hated to see the trees go, I understand that Manitoba Maple can pose some problems for the homeowner as they are often hollow inside and can break in a high wind...

We did some shopping this afternoon and came home with some more strawberry plants, and two Raspberry bushes.


We have replaced the trees we cut with this little gem...a Bing Cherry tree to keep our other cherry tree company.


Our little backyard is becoming a productive half acre or so. I look forward to the day when I have to go no further than my backyard for fresh produce. Our neighbours voiced the same sentiment yesterday! I think my next purchase will be a motion detector!

Posted via email from wendyytb's posterous

6 comments:

  1. Wow, that's great, Wendy! I look forward to at least seeing the product of your garden, if I can't actually eat it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great! don't forget me then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wenn...You are welcome to some produce...and you too, DJan...but I don't deliver. This is a pick-your-own establishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to seeing your harvest later in the year. I would love to have space for a vegetable patch like yours but our garden is tiny :C
    Lindsay
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks great Wendy...can't wait to see it later in the year when things are growing like crazy...ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your beds look beautiful Wendy. I'm sure you'll have them filled with delicious, lush food in no time!

    ReplyDelete